International Online Conference #DHJewish – Jewish Studies in the Digital Age. 11-14 January 2021
International Online Conference #DHJewish – Jewish Studies in the Digital AgeOrganised by the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C²DH)11-14 January 2021
In all humanities disciplines, scholars find themselves confronted with the rapidly increasing availability of digital resources (data), new technologies to interrogate and analyze them (tools), and the question of how to engage with these developments. The digitisation boom of the last two decades, and the rapid advancement of digital tools to analyse data in myriad ways, have opened up new avenues for humanities research. The field of Jewish Studies is no exception. How can these digital developments be harnessed to address specific questions and problems in our field? And what is the current state of the art?
To probe these questions, the international conference #DHJewish – Jewish Studies in the Digital Age will bring together more than 60 scholars and heritage practitioners to discuss how the digital turn affects the field of Jewish Studies.
The conference will take place online through the Morressier virtual academic conference platform; please find our conference page here. Instructions for how to attend, as well as the preliminary conference program can also be found here.
Prof. dr. Jeffrey Shandler (Distinguished Professor of Jewish Studies, Rutgers University): Digitizing Holocaust Memories.
- Dr. Gerben Zaagsma (Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History – C²DH)
- Prof. Dr. Irene Zwiep (University of Amsterdam)
- Prof. Dr. Daniel Stoekl Ben Ezra (École Pratique des Hautes Études, Paris; Digital Forum, European Association for Jewish Studies)
- Prof. Dr. Miriam Rürup (Moses Mendelssohn Zentrum für europäisch-jüdische Studien, Potsdam)
- Michelle Chesner (Norman E. Alexander Librarian for Jewish Studies, Columbia University; Association of Jewish Libraries)
- Dr. Gabor Kadar (Yerusha Project; Rothschild Foundation Hanadiv Europe)
- Dr. Avi Shmidman (Bar-Ilan University)
- Dov Winer (Jewish Heritage Network/Judaica Europeana)
- Prof. Dr. Karin Hofmeester (International Institute for Social History)
- Dr. Sinai Rusinek (Haifa University)
- Amalia S. Levi (Founder and Chair, HeritEdge Connection)
- Dr. Rachel Deblinger (Modern Endangered Archives Program, University of California Los Angeles Library)
- Dr. Anna Meny (Institut für die Geschichte der Deutschen Juden, Hamburg)
For any questions, please contact Dr. Gerben Zaagsma at: email@example.com.